суббота, 28 марта 2015 г.

A conversation I didn't expect

A conversation I didn't expect...
I'm a reporter who covered the police beat in Baltimore. Today, I make television shows. And last Friday, my phone rang. Someone on the other end told me that the President of the United States wants to have a conversation about criminal justice policy in America. In his effort to try to reconsider some of the sentencing excesses and the levels of incarceration that have become so problematic in America, the President wanted to discuss these issues with me -- particularly because a lot of them were rooted in a television show that we did several years ago called "The Wire." In that show, we were trying to explore what the drug war has become in America and what it was costing us as a society. 

WATCH: The President Interviews the Creator of "The Wire" About the War on Drugs

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий